Looking for more artists? Visit the featured artists site!

Knowing

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Post 2. An Interlude.

I really am trying not to say all there is to be said. Not in one day. But, I have an artistic side too before I get too deeply into the underpinnings of our culture. I present, a poem.

***


Here is me, and I wonder who that could be,
The simple reflections of a faded memory
Or the energy of a thousand falling stars.
The way is how.
Sense is for the wicked, and the wretched and me.
I fight myself constantly, inviting the silence of one
One in time and once I was alone, but I never was.
This realization comes as sharp and as loud as it can be
The reflections of a faded memory
the way I cannot forget,
I cannot see be think or feel
For I am all there is
I disappear.

The autumn leaves are crushed under it
I and sense the decay in my surroundings as the color fades to ice
Cold, far and alone and beautiful.
If in the beginning it would be as the spring snow
It would be as the famine of wonder
The suffering and decay of a thousand lost souls finding
Turn the red to blue, seek me and I will find you
These are the only lessons of a time I remember
All as one regretting and loving
I disappear.

Now.. Now.. Now..
All thoughts flowing like water through a sieve
Into an ocean of regret
Numbers of the lost and fallen
Is this who I am? Awake and alone
I disappear.

Forever is a way of being
The time and sadness
The way I know
All the things I have gained
All the time to forget
The fires burn bright,
My arduous decent into
Simplicity
The divination of knowing
All the things inside that change
The light that bends to show the way
The color of burning
I disappear.

I’ve become it
Sensing for the senseless
Human for the inhuman
Sight for the blind
Going to and returning from
Self and other
For what it is,
I have only compassion.
Only a character
I am.

The stars will shine for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment